Sunday, March 25, 2012

John Carter


Well, I went to see John Carter last night and I thought it was great! A fun and thrilling adventure on Barsoom. The critics panned the movie and Disney says they will lose $200 million by March 31st...what the hell happened. We were 4 people in the theater for a 9:30PM show. All the while, people were lining up for the Hunger Games!!!

I feel the same way about John Carter as I did for Conan The Barbarian. Classic adventure stories that flopped at the movies for whatever reason. Star Wars had many flaws but it was a smash success. So what is Conan, John Carter and Green Lantern had flaws as well, at least it gave us the most important thing that a movie can give us...escapism!!!

If my words convince at least 1 person to go see any of the 3 movies just mentioned, then I will feel great. I had great fun watching them and will now look into reading the Barsoom series to compare the movie version of John Carter to the pulp fiction version.

No comments:

Post a Comment